Love Up to the Stars!
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
A God After Our Own Heart!

I just got my paper back that I've been stressing over since my teacher indicated to me that I wrote it incorrectly. It was a whole sob story that I do not feel like getting into now but basically I had to re-write a paper I had worked all semester on in a matter of a few days, a few days that went into my birthday! I didn't have a good confrontation with my professor, and walked away very hurt, upset and crying my eyes out. I didn't feel he appreciated my hard work, and I felt he was being unfair and inconsistent in his dealings with me. Anyway, I ended up getting a 90, which is a B+ at my school. I haven't seen a B+ in a long time, but this time it was actually a relief and a good grade to me because I'll still end up with an A in the class. I think my paper was an A quality. And maybe since it didn't exactly hit every requirement to the letter an A- paper. I don't appreciate that his secretary graded it with her little perfectionist comments (such a hypocrite because she accuses me of being a perfectionist--but I will actually admit to my weaknesses)...but I did appreciate that he at least gave me one extra point. She had given me a 89, which is a B.

I wrote my paper on how God's Word is His love letter to us, and I titled it "A God After Our Own Heart." (By the way, I am in seminary getting a biblical counseling education). I believe that before we ever become a man or woman after God's own heart (like David), God has to first be a God after our heart. God's love letter to us shares His persistent pursuit to woo us with His love in hope that we may one day long after His good heart. Time and time again it is God's love that leads a son or daughter back to the Father's arms. In light of His love, we can embrace His truth. God sends His personal love letter to His dear lost child and heals him/her by His love that opens the door to receive His truth. I focused a lot on Luke 15:11-32, which truly reflects the heart of the Gospel and beautifully portrays God's personal story for us from Genesis to Revelation.

I wrote this paper thinking about my dear, dear friend that I met over 8 years ago in a Christian chat room. Since then, he has strayed so far from God, falling into so many different things. Lately I've been thinking how do I witness to someone who knows God's Word as well as I do, probably better considering he doesn't have a bible college and seminary education. He made a comment to me a year and a half ago that inspired this paper and the answer God has shown me to how do I witness to him: "You have risen above the Christian label. You my dear are an actual Christian to me. When I read the Bible, I see Star. Sure you make mistakes but you still live the life that I think God would want." He read a letter on my heart; he heard the gospel without words.

II Corinthians 3:3 says, "...you are a letter from Christ..written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God...carved not on stone, but on human hearts (NLT).

It is my conviction that the love of Christ wins hearts. This doesn't minimize sin or the need to confront; the love of Christ is not the words we speak but who we are.

I'll close with this song by Rebecca St. James. If I had one chance to tell my friend soemthing, I would tell him that God is crazy about him. Hopefully, this is the message he has been hearing from me. When I have seen breakthroughs into his heart, it's been because of this love not the pointing of fingers at his glaring sins.

We were younger then, you and me, full of dreams, weren’t we?
I went my way, you went yours, where did you go, dear?
Someone said you had left the life we lived together then
This is my way of reaching out ‘cause I remember…

This is what I want to say to you
If I had one chance to speak to your heart
You are loved
More than you could ever know
This is what I want to say to you
If I had one chance to tell you something
You are loved
More than you can imagine
Imagine

If I told you would you believe, the narrow road, I did not leave
If I told you would you understand that I’ve found truth
Are you jaded? Are you hurting now? How I wish that I could tell
Where your heart’s at…can you see? Mine has found – home

Not sure if I’ve, made it clear enough
It’s not my love I sing about
Everybody asks, “Is God good?”
I believe, He isIn fact I know, He is

Written by Rebecca St. James©2005 Up In The Mix Music / Rambuka Music (BMI), admin. by EMI CMG Publishing
sent to the stars at 5:02 PM
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
Where To?
View My Profile
Favorite Books
  • The Papa Prayer
  • The Power of a Praying Woman
  • Streams in the Desert
  • A Walk to Remember
    • ...and lots more...
Links