Love Up to the Stars!
Saturday, April 01, 2006
Against All Hope
“Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed…”—Romans 4:18.

I love this verse in the Message paraphrase:

“When everything was hopeless, Abraham believed anyway, deciding not to live on the basis of what he saw he couldn’t do but on what God said he would do.”

And this is what we must do. When everything is hopeless, we must believe anyway and make a conscious decision to live not on the basis of what we can see neither we nor any man can do but on what God says He can and will do. With God, ALL things are possible. Not some. Not most. ALL!

Tonight, right now, it is my prayer that God would help me to fully believe these words and help me to do this. I am so devestated. I've been praying for something not to happen for so long now in regards to my family. I truly believe with all my heart that my sister is about to go through with the worst decision ever that will destroy her life. If you have a sister who you are closer with than with any other person on this earth, then maybe you could understand how I feel right now when I've already lost some of that special closeness because of choices that I truly believe are not according to God's Word.

I'm so broken. I kept holding on to the verse that says that a man will make many plans in his heart but only the Lord's purpose will prevail. I kept praying that God would reveal what was hidden and expose the truth that anything not of Him would be revealed for what it is. But against all hope, Abraham in hope believed. And against all hope, Star in hope must believe. I must make a conscious decision to keep trusting in the One who is in control. I am not in control. I cannot change these things. And though they break me, He will heal me. He will restore me. He will continue to work in my life, if I continue to cling to Him. I know that God works all things together for good.....and I must not lose hope. I must not give up.

Please keep me in your prayers if you are reading this. And keep my family in my prayers. And please pray that my sister would see God's will and purposes for her life. That God would reveal to her any choice that is not pleasing to Him.
sent to the stars at 9:38 PM
15 Comments:
  • At Sunday, April 02, 2006 11:22:00 AM, Blogger no_average_girl said…

    you're in my thoughts and prayers, girlfriend! hang in there, He is faithful - something i have learned firsthand through recent trials and deaths. hang on to Abba, embrace Him, embrace hope, embrace love. He can use for good what is intially meant for evil, He can transform it into something beautiful! you know how to get in touch with me, if you need anything! :-)

    love you!

     
  • At Monday, April 03, 2006 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Star. I don't have a sister, but I can understand your pain...I have two daughters that don't follow the Lord. I'll will be praying with you that His will shall be done. Continue to stand firm in your faith. God bless.

     
  • At Monday, April 03, 2006 10:48:00 AM, Blogger eph2810 said…

    Dear Star. I just wanted to drop a note and let you know that I am praying for you and your family. Although we sometimes waver and have questions, God is there for us to cling onto His promise that He will guide us through the valleys in life.
    My I leave you with my life's motto:
    "I can do everything through him who gives me strength". ~ Phil 4:13

     
  • At Monday, April 03, 2006 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Spunky said…

    Hey,

    You asked for prayer and I prayed for you. I've had a few tense situations with my siblings over the years. I know that God is faithful. I am a Christian today because of a sister who persevered. Keep in God's word and let Him shoulder the burden for the outcome. We must obey, HE will transform.

     
  • At Monday, April 03, 2006 10:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Star, your concern is so strong that I can almost feel it! You already know the right answers, so hang on tight to what you know to be true. This is beyond you physically, but with and through God all things are possible. You keep believing that, I'll keep praying for you all.

     
  • At Monday, April 03, 2006 11:15:00 AM, Blogger Destination...Gloryland! said…

    We serve a miracle-working God and also a soverign God. We ache for those that are close to us, wanting them the hear His voice clearly and have a heart to follow His leading. Praying on their behalf and then givign it to God is so hard. May His will be done regarding your family, and especially your sister. I am praying for you and your family today.

     
  • At Monday, April 03, 2006 11:44:00 AM, Blogger Aimee said…

    Yeah, the ache goes soooo deep . . . Sisters are such special people yet you can't make decions for them as much as you desperately long to. I know the feeling.

    I like your name . . . Will pray for you and your sister and family.

    In the midst of EVERYTHING God does work together things for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose.

     
  • At Monday, April 03, 2006 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Just Nancy said…

    God is always faithful. Prayers going up for you and your sister now!

     
  • At Monday, April 03, 2006 12:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was just dreaming about my own sister last night. She kept trying to shoot me with a gun (even though I insisted that I was going to tell dad)....we obviously have issues. ;O) It is SO TOUGH when we disagree with family. I have prayed for you both today. I work with women who are considering abortion. Many of the women on our staff have had multiple abortions in their past....but God has brought them thru what they would say was their "worst decision" so even if your sister makes this decision for the worse....keep trusting in God. Everything does work according to His purpose!

     
  • At Monday, April 03, 2006 12:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Praying for your sister. My husband and I have been right where you are. God bless you!

     
  • At Monday, April 03, 2006 4:30:00 PM, Blogger ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ said…

    I am so sorry how your heart is breaking here with your sister. I know it hurts when people we love make bad choices. Do trust God. She still may make a bad decision, yet God can still use it to bring her back to Himself - even if it seems like it will destroy her (and your heart). Don't give up on praying for her and don't stop loving her. Jesus loves her even more that you. TRUST HIM! :)

    Loni

     
  • At Monday, April 03, 2006 9:35:00 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    I will continue to lift you and your family up in prayer!! I know what it's like to have a sister fall away from the Lord. It's so hard on the entire family to sit back and watch. Please know that you're not alone during these hard times!! Keep leaning on God!!

     
  • At Monday, April 03, 2006 10:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Star...Praying that you will know the time to speak and the time to be silent. That you will know God's peace. And that your sister will come to know Him fully and you will both grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

     
  • At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 9:44:00 AM, Blogger Dancing Boys Mom said…

    I am sorry your sister is causing you so much grief right now. I will be praying for this situation, especially that God will heal your pain and that He will work in your sister's life through you.

    God Bless.

    Sara

     
  • At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 2:31:00 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    Just want you to know that I am praying for you and for your sister. It is so hard to watch our loved ones make bad decisions, especially when we know those decisions go against God's will. All we can do is keep loving them and try to be soft place for them to fall. I know that God will give you wisdom and love to help your sister.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
Where To?
View My Profile
Favorite Books
  • The Papa Prayer
  • The Power of a Praying Woman
  • Streams in the Desert
  • A Walk to Remember
    • ...and lots more...
Links