Love Up to the Stars!
Sunday, April 16, 2006
Easter Hope
My family has always celebrated eastern orthodox Easter more so then the one most of you are used to. My family is Greek. Greek Easter is next Sunday....however,

My sister and I went to our church today for Easter (today's Easter :) ). We went just the two of us. It was the first time I saw my sister since all this has happened. I was worried about today after how distant and cold she had sounded on the phone last night. But today was good.

Mark Schultz was our special guest at church today! I cried through every song.

This next part is especially for No Average Girl (she will know who this is about). My sweet dear friend who has gone away from Christ loves Mark Schultz. Even at times when he is not open to even me sharing Christ with him, he will listen to Mark Schultz. I remember just playing songs on the phone for him. A month or so ago I sent him a Mark Schultz album, and I do hope that he has been listening to it, especially now that he has been crushed by his grandpa's death. Oh how I wish he could have been in church with me today. I prayed for him through every song, just crying hoping that where he is that today on Easter he will be touched by the love of Christ. Afterwards I saw Mark Schultz. I briefly told him about my friend who has been in my life for almost 9 years now. Because there were quite a number of people lined up for his autograph and because it's easter and just like the rest of us he wants to sit down to easter dinner (i"m guessing he had dinner with my pastor and his family!), they said that he would not be able to do personal autographs. Well my precious friend ended up being an exception! Mark Schultz did a personal autograph just for him!! I can't wait to get this to him. He's going to be so touched. Pray that God will use this to soften his heart to the truth of the gospel.

For my friend (I know he won't be reading this, but this is from his favorite Mark Schultz song, which he did sing today)--

"When you come home,
No matter how far,
Run through the door
And into my arms
It's where you are loved,
It's where you belong
And I will be here
When you come home."

I really do hope he goes back home to his family, but more so than this I pray he comes back home to the loving arms of his Savior.

When we are still a great way off,
our Heavenly Father sees us.
Filled with compassion, He runs to us.
He embraces us and welcomes us home.
He says, "I WILL be a Father to you, and You will be My son."
--Luke 15:20; II Corinthians 6:18
sent to the stars at 3:09 PM
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
Where To?
View My Profile
Favorite Books
  • The Papa Prayer
  • The Power of a Praying Woman
  • Streams in the Desert
  • A Walk to Remember
    • ...and lots more...
Links