Love Up to the Stars!
Thursday, April 20, 2006
The Fire
My testimony for the past year or so and especially the last week--

The Fire by D. Jackson Searles
sung by Christine Wyrtzen

I've been through a fire
That has deepened my desire
To know the living God more and more
It hasn't been much fun
But the work that it has done in my life
Has made it worth the hurt.

Sometimes we need the hard times
To bring us to our knees
Otherwise we'd do as we please and never hear Him.

He always knows what's best
And it's when we are distressed
That we really come to (know) (love) God
As He is.


I absolutely love everything Christine Wyrtzen sings. She has such a soothing gentle voice similar to Twila Paris , but Christine's music just touches a hurting transforming soul in a way no other can. As a little girl it was her soothing voice that would put me to sleep and as a young woman who's been through a lot, her music wonce again brings rest to my soul. She has a special gift from God to totally connect to the heart of a woman. Her music is timeless. I'm glad that in my grief I have re-dsiscovered her music. Learn more about Christine and her music and ministry at www.daughtersofpromise.org
sent to the stars at 9:58 PM
2 Comments:
  • At Friday, April 21, 2006 10:49:00 AM, Blogger no_average_girl said…

    awww, i'm going to have to download that song now!!! i love the lyrics and love twilia paris! thanks for sharing!

     
  • At Saturday, June 17, 2006 2:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Christine now has a ministry called Daughters of Promise. For anyone living a dry, empty, legalistic Christian life her events will revolutionize you from the inside out. She has been through many things in the last 30 years and God has truly given her beauty for the many ashes. Along with music she has cds of different topics she speaks on. I would encourage anyone who heard her back in the 70's and 80's to get reacquainted with her. She also has email devotionals that she sends out about 3 times a week. You will want to subscribe and see Scripture in a whole new way. Her schedule is also on her website so check it out and see if she is coming to an area close to you. Both her Daughters of Promise and Prayer Mapping events are worth attending. If you have any questions about her present ministry and what impact it has had on my life you can reach me at shattuck7@sbcglobal.net

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
Where To?
View My Profile
Favorite Books
  • The Papa Prayer
  • The Power of a Praying Woman
  • Streams in the Desert
  • A Walk to Remember
    • ...and lots more...
Links