Love Up to the Stars!
Sunday, November 08, 2009
Believing for the Impossible...
The last few days have been so difficult. As I was feeling so upset, discouraged, defeated Friday night I felt an overwhelming contradiction. I felt God whisper the impossible. You see I believe He has a plan that I can't even begin to imagine. If i were to share any of my thoughts with most people, I'm sure they wouldn't see it the way that I do. Gosh, I can't say I always see it the way I do either!

You see I'm believing God for the impossible. Too much in life is routine. We go to work. We go home. We go to church. We come home. We get up. We go to sleep. It's simple, well if you take out all the stuff that happens in between. But where within all of that is our purpose? I am referring to that unique purpose that God only has for you to do. Sometimes we get lost in the routines that we forget about those purposes. But we can't get so lost in our routines that we miss it. That we miss the moments that are clearly distinct from the routine. Sometimes we see His purposes as this achievable end. Yeah, like we can really box up God like that! His purpose is more of a journey. There may be this big thing coming down the road (where my believing God for the impossible comes in). But it doesn't start there and it doesn't end there.

I think it gets discouraging when we think it will start and end there. Look God I'm waiting for this...I'm really waiting for You to open this door. And we become stuck in our current circumstances waiting for that door to open. It all becomes about that door. I'm just getting by until this.... I think I've been guilty of that. I'm waiting on God for the impossible, and totally missing whatever He has for me right now. And honestly, I don't know what that is but...

I once heard Gloria Gaither talk about God's will/purposes for us. And she mentioned how Jesus would teach and this was a great ministry. But His purpose was about all that happened in between. You see we expect that teaching to be the big grand purpose. But it's not. It's the every day.

There may be this big grand thing God is going to do but there's also the preparation for that. And He's got purposes in those times too. I think that's the time period I'm in right now...

Someone told me the other day that I had such a beautiful spirit. I was shocked. I'm thinking, me??? You sure you meant me? She went on to say something about being so patient, etc. And then I was sure she couldn't possibly be talking about me!! But she was. See she saw me with grace eyes. She saw all that God was doing and was going to do in me. I only saw how I felt...my circumstances...my frustrations...my weaknesses. She caught a glimpse of His divine work. Honestly, patient is the very last attribute I would ever use to describe myself. But you know it's in our greatest weakness that God longs to do His work... You see that is also the exact place that Satan will try to strike us and tempt us. How much more do we need God to work in that area?!! If she saw patience in me...a beautiful spirit...then she saw God working. She saw God preparing me....preparing me for the impossible...

I am not saying what the impossible is but He has definitely put something on my heart. Prayer...that is what I'm lost in right now...prayer. This is something only God can do. If I even try to think it through I'll automatically be discouraged. No one can work in this situation other than Him....but wow do I see incredible things unfolding in the realm of this impossibility. I will trust You for what I know I can't do but for what you are more than able and have promised to do. I will trust in your salvation and in your redemption. I will trust your grace to fall like rain and bring forth a rich harvest for Your glory.
sent to the stars at 4:32 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
Where To?
View My Profile
Favorite Books
  • The Papa Prayer
  • The Power of a Praying Woman
  • Streams in the Desert
  • A Walk to Remember
    • ...and lots more...
Links